The Lomond Hotel is located on the north-west corner of Nicholson Street and Blyth Street, Brunswick East, Melbourne, Victoria, Australia.
It opened in 1888 as the Albert Hotel (after Prince Albert), but was renamed Lomond Hotel in the 1930s. At the time of its construction, the area was sparsely populated, however a land-boom was quickly sweeping the area. Early patrons came from the nearby Butler's Brickyard, and it is still a very much loved venue of the working class people.
Its extremely relaxed and friendly, much in the style of a country family pub. Patrons come from every corner of Australia and the globe, and it is common for painters and brickies to be sharing the bar with famous actors, Sea Shepherd's anti-whaling crew, local and international musicians and music lovers from all walks of life.
There is a very strong sense of community and support and its one of the last musician's pub left in Melbourne.
There is always time for the song at The Lomond. There is also an impressive wine list and a mouth watering menu open for lunch and dinner that caters from bangers and mash to the gourmet end of the spectrum.
The Lomond Hotel has been owned and operated by the Neagle family since 1984.
For general enquiries please phone James on (03) 9380 1752 or drop in to visit us at 225 Nicholson Street, Brunswick East.